Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's my Blog-o-versary!!!

My how time flies when you're having fun.
I can hardly believe that it has already been a year since I started blogging.  To commemorate this historic event I decided to go back where it all started...with the cherry cobbler.
Surprisingly, when I called Granny to let her know my plans she was already planning to make one. So I just showed up at her house  with my ingredients so I could watch and copy her every move.
I'm so pleased to say, my crust making ability has greatly improved since the last time I tried to make it. I may know a Girl who still has nightmares about that dreadful crust.
Obviously, this time I opted to make my dish more of a pie than a cobbler, but that little detail shouldn't affect the taste. The double crust pie was a first for both me and Granny. She thinks she might start making them now (yay! point for the Girl). 
So here is my cherry pie!
I know it won't win any blue ribbons at the fair (not yet anyways), but I'm a work in progress.

Thanks for reading about my cooking adventures over the past year. Thanks to my family for eating (or at least tasting) all of my culinary yums and yucks.  And a very special thanks to Granny for her patience and letting me in her kitchen even when she didn't want me in there.


1 comment:

  1. Why oh WHy do you torture us with such yummy pictures!?!??!?!
    Congratulations on a year of blogging- you should celebrate by sending (or delivering) a few samples@
    Squirrels
    Going Nutty!
    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Granny and I love to hear from you!