Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Asian Inspired Salad

Somethings Granny will never cook. 
"I'm not buying all of that extra stuff just for 1 recipe!"
That's usually the response I get when I try to persuade her to make something new.  But I have a feeling Granny is going to add a few things to her list once she gets a taste of this super yummy salad.
My recent trip to Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney was the inspiration behind the salad.  So of course I headed to Pinterest to see what I could pin.
I'm so glad I found the dressing for the salad from The Pioneer Woman. She uses it for her Asian Noodle Salad.
I knew I wanted to add a bit of chicken (and no noodles) to my salad so I went back to Pinterest and found Honey Ginger Chicken Wings from Leanne Bakes.Instead of using chicken wings I used chicken breasts so I could slice it up and top off my salad.
Throw some crispy romaine, red & green shredded cabbage, carrots (ok, so really I just bought a package of cole slaw), tomatoes, and a few crispy wonton strips into a bowl [I always eat my salads from a bowl when I eat at home, pretty sure that's not normal] and top it off with Leanne's honey ginger chicken and toss it with Ree's super yummy Sesame Ginger dressing...don't forget the cilantro! Of course any favorite salad ingredient could be added to individualize the salad.  Most Asian inspired salads I see have mandarin oranges, but since I'm not really a fan of those I left them off. 
I was almost ready to join Jeff Houck's Plate Licker's Club, almost! I think the only reason I didn't is because I forgot to add the sprinkle of sliced almonds that would have surely sent my tongue into overdrive and straight for my bowl.
In the meantime I'm going to pack up my leftover dressing and drive it to Granny's so she can see what she's missing out.





4 comments:

  1. I want to joint that club, too. I thought about sending in a picture of me licking a spatula with chocolate cake batter, but was afraid I would be banned from joining. After all, it wasn't a plate. Your salad looks delicious, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, I am going to join one day. Thanks, it was delicious!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks like one delicious salad (I also eat salad out of a bowl). I have a couple of Asian inspired salads on my blog but I do love the combination of the Honey Ginger Chicken and the dressing. Looks wonderful. You are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, glad to know I'm not alone in eating my salad from a bowl. I'll have to check out the salads on your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Granny and I love to hear from you!