Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pizza in my Hut


Most weekends I can be found getting a cooking lesson from Granny and having Sunday Dinner at her & PawPaw's house.  That changed when Granny decided she wasn't going to cook Sunday Dinner.  Her decision made me brainstorm all the dishes she'd taught me. I then scoured Pinterest to see what new recipe I could try.  All of that hard work lead me and my mom to .... Outback.
Yep, failure!!!Granny would never do that (she'd go to Logan's).
Even though I usually don't eat out a ton, my visit to Outback opened the floodgates (or at least the doors) to many other restaurants including Loveless Cafe (again), Camino Real, Cori's Dog House, McDonald's, Baskin-Robbins....
I was determined to get back into my kitchen, even though one of my friends insisted I try Pizza Hut's new Garlic Bread Pizza.  Instead of ordering one from Pizza Hut I made my own, because that's what Granny would do.
All I had to do was:
Top a few slices of Texas Garlic Toast with tomato sauce.
Sprinkle on some mozzarella.
Add a few pepperonis (I used turkey pepperoni).
Lastly, bake  for 12 minutes on 425°.
Done!  
It was so easy and dinner was ready to plate in less than 20 minutes and cost less than 8.99! Pretty sure Granny would be proud considering I did this without a recipe.


1 comment:

  1. "The girl" has become more like her "Granny" everyday, but I think that's her goal anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Granny and I love to hear from you!